Skip to main content
TIPS - How to find a team id and a channel id in Microsoft Teams
this page will help you to easily find a team id and a channel id
To find the teams and channel id you will need to either login to https://teams.microsoft.com/ or open your Microsoft Teams native application.
- Navigate to the team for which we require the id
- Click on the (...) three dots present on the right side of the team name
- From the flyout menu as displayed in the image below click on Get link to team (here we want the team id from the team "Design sprint | 5")
- A popup with the link would appear and in this link the value of group id is the teams Id
To find the channel ID using the UI we need to follow the same process as mentioned above but we will get the channel id from the link after the path /channel from the link.
- Navigate to the channel for which we require the id
- Click on the (...) three dots present on the right side of the channel name
- From the flyout menu as displayed in the image below click on "Get link to channel"
- A popup with the link would appear with the channel id mentioned after the path /channel as mentioned in the image below
Use Powell Intranet to build a complete employee portal
Use Powell Teams to better manage your Teams
Powell software trust center
Extend Powell with Microsoft 365 features
Gather your employees all over the world in a Virtual space
template, installation, widget