Powell Software Power Automate samples
Powell Software Power Automate samples are provided as a guide to understand how to connect Powell Products with Microsoft 365 features and let you easily modify them to your personal needs. Powell Software Power Automate samples are not part of the Powell Software products & service level agreements associated with the licences (no support), it is a free add-on.
The flow will allow you to publish a card in a team channel when you will publish news from a SharePoint site.
- you need to have access to the library settings of the "site pages" library of your SharePoint site.
- you need to have access to the team's channel where you want to publish the card
- you need to have installed the Powell Software solution (TIPS - How to install or Update the Powell Software solution in Power Automate.)
Step 0: Edit the flow
- In "my flows" section, edit the flow
- On the detail page, click edit again
Step 1: set the connexions
To be able to use the flow you will need to initiate 3 connexions:
- one for SharePoint to get access to the list
- one for Microsoft 365 to get access to the user info of the news publisher.
- one for Microsoft Teams to be able to post a card into your desired channel
Step 2: set the source & target of the flow
After setting the different connections, we will configure the flow itself by setting the SharePoint Site Pages library as the content source. You will need to set the site address & the list name in the SharePoint box.
As the "Site pages" library will not be listed, you will need to use the list id (TIPS - How to find a list id in SharePoint)
And we will set the team channel destination for the card notification
To know how to find the team channel id and team id, you can follow this article
You have set the connexions, configured the connexions, and set your SharePoint source & Team channel destination. Your flow is now complete and you are ready to test it.
Just before testing it, do not forget to activate the flow by turning it on in the top action bar in the flow resume page
You can test the flow by creating news in your SharePoint site & see after a few seconds if a card will be published in the targeted team channel.