the flow will allow you to publish a card in a team channel when you will publish a Powell Event message from a SharePoint site.
- you need to have access to the library settings of the "Event hub" list in your SharePoint site.
- you need to have access to the team's channel where you want to publish the card
- you need to have installed the Powell Software solution (TIPS - How to install or Update the Powell Software solution in Power Automate.)
Step 0: edit the flow
- in "my flows" section, edit the flow
- in the detail page, click edit again
Step 1: set the connexions
To be able to use the flow you will need to initiate multiple connexions:
- one for SharePoint to get access to the list
- one for SharePoint to get access to the list item details
- one to transform the item contents
- one for Microsoft Teams to be able to post a card into your desired channel
Step 2: set the source & target of the flow
after setting the different connections, we will configuring the flow itself by setting the SharePoint Site Event hub list as the content source. You will need to set the site address & the list name in the SharePoint box.
if you do not find the Event hub list in the picker you can still use the list id (TIPS - How to find a list id in SharePoint)
and we will set the team channel destination for the card notification
to know how to find the team channel id and team id, you can follow this article
You have set the connexions, configured the connexions and set your SharePoint source & Team channel destination. Your flow is now complete and you are ready to test it.
Just before testing it, do not forget to activate the flow by turn it on in the top action bar in the flow resume page
You can test the flow by creating a new Event in your SharePoint site & see after few seconds if a card will be published in the targeted team channel.