Table of contents
- You will need a Global Administrator account to consent the authorizations for the Microsoft Graph API for all other users in your tenant
- You will need to access to the Microsoft Teams Administration center portal with a Microsoft Teams administrator account to manage the availability of the app for all users.
Powell Teams first deployment
In the Microsoft Teams store search the Powell Teams application and click on it:
In the Powell Teams application description, click add.
The Powell Teams app will be available in the Microsoft Teams left menu. Click on it then fill the short form to start the free trial
To finalize the deployment, you will need to authorize the app to connect to your environment with the “Validate the app” button.
To allow Powell Teams users to access their Microsoft Teams data into your Office 365 environment, You need to allows the connection to the Microsoft Graph API. An Office 365 global administrator must consent the Azure AD app and its permissions. Without the consent, the application will not work.
This application needs the following rights on the Graph API :
- Access the directory as you: needed to list users’ teams
- Read and write all groups: read allows us to build activity reports and write is only necessary to create teams with Powell Teams app permission
- Read items in all site collections: for activity reports
- Read all users' full profiles: for activity report and member management to create teams with Powell Teams app permission
- Read all usage reports : for Powell Teams reports
- Read items in all site collections: to retrieve content associated to the connected user rights
- Read and write for OneNote: to manage OneNote content in team templates
- Read and write calendars in all mailboxes: Read and create online meetings to create and send Coffee machine invitations
SharePoint API permissions:
- Have full control of all site collections: for Site Design deployment
Your Powell Teams application is ready to be used by everyone in the company
After the admin consent, your Powell Teams application is ready to use and other users in the same Office 365 environment will have access to it without the need to configure it.
Make Powell Teams available for everyone in the Microsoft Teams left menu
In the admin menu (Microsoft Teams administration center), click on "Setup policies", select the "Global (Org-Wide default)" and then "Add apps" to add the Powell Teams app to the pinned apps for all users in your tenant. Save the updated Policy
The Powell Teams app will be available to all users in the Teams environment once the Teams Policy is applied (it can take some time to be take into account) by Microsoft on users' devices.