Table of contents
Your data privacy is very important to us. Powell Software does not have access to your data at any time.
- We use the APIs provided by Microsoft to ensure the best security
- All actions and displayed information do happen with the connected user's rights. It is impossible to elevate the privileges.
- We do not store any credentials.
- We use the standard process of Azure Active Directory to authenticate you to Powell Teams.
- We cannot see or access any Microsoft Teams content.
Data stored in Powell Teams
- All information associated to a Powell Teams template
- Template names and description
- Naming convention name and rules
- Associated tags
- Azure Active Directory ids of the users, only when added as a default owners, members, approvers or administrators
- Team schema information used in a template (e.g. list of channels with associated tab configuration)
- Your Microsoft 365 tenant name for license validation
Powell Teams infrastructure location
Powell Teams is located in the Microsoft's Azure Data Center West Europe (Amsterdam)
We do not store any kind of personal data associated to a Powell Teams user.
For example: personal information like the profile user cardis gathered through the Graph API with the information provided by Delve in your Microsoft 365 on demand and is never stored or cached through Powell Teams.
What we store for a user
- the favorite teams
- personal view configuration (available soon)
- Azure Active directory ID
All information associated to a user can be delete with a ticket support request.
When you trial or license expired you need to uninstall the Powell Teams application. This is done by your Microsoft Teams Administrator in your Teams Admin Center.
You keep everything in your Microsoft Environment (teams, channels, tabs*, conversations, documents). We leave no foot-print on Microsoft 365.
*Tabs using a Powell Teams application will be empty