With Powell 365 it becomes very easy to create news. There are two ways with which you can create news.
1. Directly from the News Hub page, with the button "create a news"
2. With the Powell gear
Create News Directly from the News Hub
On the Intranet News Hub, there is a button directly on the page that will allow contributors to create news easily.
As you click the button, you will access the news creation form.
You will need to fill in the form with the required information.
- Set a title for your news article
- Write a description
- Upload an image for your news article
- Department: you can tag your news article according to a department. For example: if your news article is targeted for the HR department, you can choose the tag HR from the drop-down list. As a result, your news article will have a tag "HR" displayed on it. You are not limited to one tag - you can add several department tags.
- Choose a location : You can tag your news according to the location. Choose from different locations available in the drop-down list. You can add several location tags for your news article.
- News content : You can write/paste the content for your news article in the content bow and structure it according to your preference.
- Options: You can choose to duplicate content from another language or to another language
- Click "publish"
Create News with the Powell Gear
- Click on the gear and then on “add content”.
- Then select “create a page".
- You can choose to create news or create news with notifications.
- Select "News"
- As you click "create", you will see the news creation from , where you need to fill in the required information.
- You will be able to find all your news on the News Hub page, or through "my contributions button" on the Powell gear.
Edit the News
To edit the news after the creation, go to the Powell Floating menu and click "My contributions".
As you go to "My contributions", a separate section for News will display all the news that you have created.
Choose the one that you want to edit and click the "edit" button on the right.
As you do this, the news creation form will open where you can proceed with your modifications.
When you're done modifying your news page, save and click "publish".