Yammer is a Powell web part with which you can engage your employees and embed your Yammer feeds directly in your portal. With this web part users can follow the latest hot topics or stories via the global discussion feed.
You can find the example of this web part on Powell Intranet's “My board” page.
Users can comment, like, share, praise, and add attachments to announcements. All that will be automatically updated on Yammer.
If the post that you want to publish is relevant to the marketing department, you can notify them by adding a marketing group in the “Notify to” tab. You can also tag your posts and add topics.
The filter on the upper right corner of the web part, enables us to find discussions according to a specific group or department. As you click on it, you will see the list of different groups and departments. For example, if you click the Marketing group, the discussion board will display discussions within that group.
How to configure Yammer web-part
To configure the Yammer web part, you need to :
- Click on the plus sign to add a new web part where you want it on your page.
- Then search for Powell 365 web-parts from the list.
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget. You need to edit it to select the desired web part (to do so, click the pencil icon on your empty widget).
- As you click the edit, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
- Fill in the required information and in the widgets section search for “Yammer”.
- As you do this you can start configuring the web-part settings:
- Choose the template: You have the choice between different kinds of displays :
- Orion: "Yammer Overview List", this view is a concise list of the latest Yammer posts you choose to display, the only action available is liking posts. It's perfect to keep an eye on the latest Yammer port to stay updated.
- Orion: "Yammer Complete List", this view offers a complete set of interactions, you can post updates, announcements, or even praise people from this view. You can also like, reply and share posts on your Yammer feed, and even see who liked the posts.
- Cassiopeia: "Yammer Homeview", this view is just like the "Yammer Overview List", but with a different display.
- Cassiopeia: "Yammer Advanced", this view is just like the "Yammer Complete List", but with a different display.
- You can choose to use thumbnails for images, this way we get better performances as we get the thumbnail of all images to minimalize the size of the content we get.
- Set the row limit to define the number of posts to display, the number you will set here is the maximum number of items we will display.
- The number you will set in the real-time polling time corresponds to the auto-refresh of the component.
- See more options: Please refer to the caption below to understand how this option works once you opt-in it. As you select the “see more" label, you will have a button "see more" displayed on your web part. You can rename it and set a label of your choice. You can add a url - when users click the button, it will redirect them to that url page. For this widget, the default label is “Open Yammer”.
"See more" configuration
- React label: You can choose to change the label. By default, it will be “See more”. When you choose the Orion "Overview List" Template, you won't get all the elements of a topic. To have a more complete view, you can click the “React” button on the bottom of the web part to open a pop-in, where a more complete view will be displayed, as shown in the example below.
- Load more label: the load more button lets you display more discussions. You can change the label of “load more” and put the label you want to have in the text box.
"Load more" label configuration
You'll have below, for the continuation of the configuration of the web part the selection of the Yammer group you want to be displayed, the selection of the actions you want to enable, and the posts you want to be displayed.
- Current Yammer network: The form shows the currently chosen Yammer network and the group. Click “change the group” if you want to change the Yammer group. As you click on it you can select the Yammer network and then choose from the list below what you want to display from that network.
- Actions: Under actions, you can choose which actions you can perform on this web part. For example, if you select the option "praise", it will display the “Praise” tab next to the “Update" tab.
- Display: In the display, you choose what to display in the discussions. If you remove the option "praise", all the “praise posts” will be removed from the discussion board. The same goes with announcements and updates.
"Update" is a response to a post (a reply). "Announcement" is a type of a post.