Yammer is a Powell web-part with which you can engage your employees and embed your Yammer feeds directly in your portal. With this web-part users can follow the latest hot topics or stories via the global discussion feed.
You can find the example of this web-part on Powell Intranet “My board” page.
Users can comment, like, share, praise and add attachments to announcements. All that will be automatically updated on Yammer.
If the post that you want to publish is relevant to the marketing department, you can notify them by adding a marketing group in the “Notify to” tab. You can also tag your posts and add topics.
The filter on the upper right corner of the web-part, enables us to find discussions according to a specific group or department. As you click on it, you will see the list of different groups and departments. For example, if you click the Marketing group, the discussion board will display discussions within that group.
How to configure Yammer web-part
To configure the Yammer web-part, you need to :
- Click on the plus sign to add a new web-part where you want it on your page.
- Then search for Powell 365 web-parts from the list.
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget. You need to edit it to select the desired web-part (to do so, click the pencil icon on your empty widget).
- As you click the edit, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
- Fill in the required information and in the widgets section search for “Yammer”.
- As you do this you can start configuring the web-part settings:
- Choose the template
- You can choose to use thumbnails for images
- set the row limit
- See more option: as you select the “see more" label, you will have a button "see more" displayed on your web-part. You can rename it and set a label of your choice. You can add a url - when users click the button, it will redirect them to that url page. For this widget the default label is “Open Yammer”.
See more configuration
- react label : You can choose to change the label. By default it will be “See more”. When you choose the Orion "Overview List" Template, you wont get all the elements of a topic. To have a more complete view, you can click the “React” button on the bottom of the web-part to open a pop-in, where a more complete view will be displayed, as shown in the example below.
- load more label : Load more button lets you display more discussions. you can change the label of “load more” and put the label you want to have in the text box.
- Current Yammer network: The form shows the currently chosen Yammer network and the group. Click “change the group” if you wan to change the Yammer group. As you click on it you can select the Yammer network and then choose from the list below what you want to display from that network.
- Actions: Under actions you can choose which actions you can perform on this web-part. For example, if you select the option "praise", it will display the “Praise” tab next to the “updates tab”.
- Display: In the display you choose what to display in the discussions. If you remove the option "praise", all the “praise posts” will be removed from the discussion board. Same goes with announcements and updates.
"Updates" is a response to a post (a reply). Announcement is a type of a post.