There are two ways with which you can deploy the Intranet
- The basic
- The custom
The Basic Way
- Go to your Powell Manager environment
- In the Powell Intranet tab click on deploy and go to “site collections”.
- Click the button “quick creation mode” that allows you to access the quick creation mode.
As you click the button, you will have displayed the list of all available Templates.
Here you can filter the templates:
- by Powell templates
- by custom templates – the templates that you created
- by templates built by your Partners
- Click on the Powell Template tab. Select a template . Let's select “Orion Home”.
You will arrive on the first configuration page.
- Fill in the required information.
- Site title - give a title to your site.
- Site URL - as you will put a name, it will automatically generate a site URL that will appear just below the site title. You will be also able to modify the URL if you wish.
Language - choose the language of the site.
- Now you can directly deploy the site collection on SharePoint, by clicking the button “Deploy on SharePoint”.
As you click the button, it will directly create your site collection and it will directly configure by default an Orion design.
Your site will be created with different lists and pages included in your site template content.
To check the site collection, just use the URL.
As soon as you click deploy, the site will be already available, but it will be empty at first. The job launched in the background will gradually build the site and add the graphic content along with list pages available in the template.
Let’s have a look at the final result:
The second way to deploy the Intranet allows you to customize the site collection.
In the Powell site templates, choose again the template “Orion Home”.
Give your site collection a title, but instead of deploying it on SharePoint directly, we want to edit the Theme to configure color, logos and font.
- Click “edit theme” button.
When you edit the theme, you have two possibilities.
- Choose the theme already available in the dropdown list – that displays themes created by yourself. (My themes)
- Create a new theme
- select the option “new theme”.
On the right side, you will have a live preview to see how the changes that you make, will be applied on your site collection
- You have a possibility to change the logo. Click “change” and upload a Logo that you want to have.
- You can change the main color of the site
- You can change the font.
As you can configure the theme, you can see the result in live preview on the right.
When you’re done configuring, you can deploy it on SharePoint.
- Simply click the button “Deploy on SharePoint”.
It will be exactly the same scenario as in the first part: with your URL, you can access your site collection which will be in the process of building, gradually adding content and design to the site according to the custom.
Once your site collection is completely created, you can start adding content directly on the site.