The banner is a Powell 365 web-part and can be used to introduce your Intranet page with a beautiful image along with a title and a description at the top of the page.
You can find examples of banner web-parts everywhere on the Powell Intranet. For example, you can see one on the HR On-boarding page.
How to Configure the Banner web-part
To configure the banner web-part, you need to
- click on the plus sign to add a new web-part,
- Then search for Powell 365 web-parts from the list.
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget. You need to edit it to select the desired web-part (to do so, click on the pencil icon on your empty widget).
Edit the widget in your page
As you edit the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
You need to fill in the required information
- In the widgets section, select "Banner"
- After selecting the Banner web-part, the following edit mode form will appear
Edit mode banner
- Template: Only one Orion display is available at this stage
- URL of the image: Put a url of the image that you want to use as a banner.
- Title: Put a title for your page. If a title is kept empty we take the name of the current site
- Select a Language for the title
- Description: Put a description for your page. It will be displayed under the title. if Description is kept empty we take the name of the current page
- Select the language for the description