The banner is a Powell 365 web part and can be used to introduce your Intranet page with a beautiful image along with a title and a description at the top of the page.
You can find examples of banner web parts everywhere on the Powell Intranet. For example, you can see one on the HR Onboarding page.
Configuration of the Banner web-part
As contributor you can directly change the content of the banner by clicking on the 3 dots buttons :
This action will display the content edit form as below :
From there you will be able to change the title, the description and the image of the banner for the current page and the current language.
If you want to go deeper, you can access the settings of the component to edit :
- The template: you have the choice between two different displays (Banner image and Banner image (long text))
- URL of the image: Choose an image thanks to the standard image picker
- Title: Put a default title. If a title is kept empty we take the name of the current site
- You can "select a language" if you want to add a translation for the title in another languages
- Description: Put a default description. It will be displayed under the title. If the description is kept empty we take the name of the current page
- You can "select a language" if you want to add a translation for the description in another languages
Edit mode banner
Banner image (long text)