Twitter is an external connector web-part and you can embed it directly in your portal. Embedding a company's social media platforms in the portal will help employees stay up to date with all the various communications regarding the organisation.
The example of this web-part you can find on Powell Intranet Communication department template.
Twitter can be easily configured into your portal and display the global public feed of a user.
How to Configure the Twitter web-part
To configure the Twitter web-part, you need to
- click on the plus sign to add a new web-part,
- Then search for Powell 365 web-parts from the list.
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget. You need to edit it to select the desired web-part (to do so, click on the pencil icon on your empty widget).
Edit the widget in your page
As you edit the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
You need to fill in the required information and search "twitter" under widgets
- As you select the widget in the list, it will open up a twitter web-part editing mode where you need to configure the web-part settings.
- Template: choose the web-part display
- Twitter Widget Id or Username: Here you need you indicate the Twitter account you want to integrate in the widget
- See more option: As you click on see more option, you can customize the "see more" label and add a label of your choice.
- Data chrome properties: Select the properties from the list