RSS feed web-part is an external connector web-part. It is particularly advantageous to display your external information feeds. You can display any information from any source.
Multiple RSS feeds can be easily configured into your portal to integrate information from different websites.
The example of this widget can be found on Powell Intranet on the Communications department template. With International news feed web-part, a communications team shares useful information from relevant web-sites so that the company employees can stay up to date with global news regarding the industry they work in or some other important topics for their professional growth and development.
How to Configure the RSS web-part
Configuration prerequisite :
Must be Atom RSS feeds - Display the feeds in tabs with Atom 2.0 support.
To configure the RSS feed web-part, you need to
- click on the plus sign to add a new web-part
- Then search for Powell 365 web-parts from the list
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget. You need to edit it to select the desired web-part (to do so, click on the pencil icon on your empty widget).
Edit the widget in your page
As you edit the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
You need to fill in the required information and select RSS feed under widgets
- As you do this, it will open up an RSS feed web-part editing mode
- Template: Choose a display of your web-part
- Row limit: Select the number of feeds you want to display per column
- Max number of character in description: Define the size of each feed (how much text you want to display for each feed)
- Custom see more level: you can choose a label for your "see more" button
- See more link: you can Insert a url of a page to redirect users to a specific page as they click the "see more button"
- Adding RSS feeds: Add a title for your feed and below add a url of the page you want to display feeds from. Then click "add" and add another feed.