Discussions is a Powell 365 web-part and it can be used anywhere on the Intranet to prompt conversations and discussions between company employees. The benefit of this web-part is that employees do not have to belong to a specific group or a team to engage in a conversation/discussion; everyone will be able to comment.
You can find the example of this web-part on Powell Intranet Community pages.
How to Configure the Discussion web-part
To configure the Discussions web-part, you need to
- click on the plus sign to add a new web-part,
- Then search for Powell 365 web-parts from the list.
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget. You need to edit it to select the desired web-part (to do so, click on the pencil icon on your empty widget).
Edit the widget in your page
As you edit the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
You need to fill in the required information
- In the widgets section, select "discussion"
- After selecting the Discussion web-part, the following edit mode form will appear
- Scope: Select a Web or a page.
Page: If you select the option "page" you will be able to see this discussion only on the selected page.
Web: If you select this option, you will be able to access all other discussions in Web mode.
- Custom web url: This option is available only when the admin selects “Web url”. You can put a url that will display discussion from a different website. If you leave this tab blank, the discussion will be displayed on the actual page.
- Attachment list name: As you post a message on a discussion you can attach a file to your post. The name that you will indicate here, will be the list name where your attachment will be located/saved.
- Discussions count: Write the number of discussions you want to be displayed on the web-part
- Add a "see more" link: You can choose to add a see more link that will redirect users
- Personalized "see more" link:You can choose to personalize a see more link and a url that will redirect users to a specific page
- Personalized "see more" label : you can personalize a see more label and choose a label of your choice
- Save your changes