Table of contents
- End-user part
- Uninstall a coffee machine tab
Necessary app configuration
Authentication: First of all, to be able to use the coffee machine tab, you need to have an Advanced authentication configured in Powell Teams. This authentication is necessary for Powell Teams app to have the rights to performe actions like sending meeting invitation and check availability of the users.
Additional configurations: Then you need to check the Virtual coffee machine option and add the account email that will send the invitation. This account need to be an O365 account with a valid Exchange license.
You can also set a default meeting invitation description that will appear for all invitations. An additional decription is available to be personnalised once configuring the tab in a channel to adapt the text to the channel and the context.
How to configure a Virtual coffee machine tab
Step 1: Add a Powell Teams tab into a channel. The tab will send invitation to the members of this channel.
Step 2: Select the Virtual Coffee Machine tab to add it in your channel
Step 3: Configure your Virtual Coffee Machine.
You can now edit :
- The Coffee Machine meeting titles
- The Frequency of the invitations
- The time slots when the invitations are sent (Time slot format for meetings: 24h or am/pm)
- The number of members you want to be matched per meeting
- An additional description
You can also:
- Personalize the email (the message) sent to teammates from the back office
- Personalize the image
- Have a statistics review on the use of the coffee machine that will let the administrators get more insights on how the coffee machine is used among employees. The statistics will show how many of all invitations sent have been accepted ( but it will be anonymous).
Set coffee machine for max 50 users.
*Invitations should be sent only during working hours
Note that the coffee machine is not supported yet on private channels.
When the Coffee machine is configured, you will receive an invitation through an email and a meeting invitation in Teams & Outlook.
As an end-user, you can unsubscribe from the coffee machine as you could receive several coffee machine invitations from different channels.
The statistics that you can see on the image show the:
- virtual coffee machine attendance
- accepted meeting invitations
As an end-user, you can also change the Coffee Machine banner image for everyone.
Uninstall a coffee machine tab
Any team owner is able to remove a virtual coffee machine tab in 2 clicks.
First click on "remove" on the tab menu.
And then you have to do the same in the following modal.
After that, no more meeting invitation will be sent to the team channel members.