The Flexdesk web-part is a Powell 365 web-part that can be found in the Corporate Services - Book your desk page.
This web-part is made to offer booking capabilities. Mainly used for desks, it can be adapted for many scenarios like book a parking slot or loan materials.
Flexdesk web-parts on the “Corporate Services - Book your desk” page
How to add the Flexdesk web-part
To configure the Flexdesk web-part, you need to :
- Click the plus sign to add a new web-part, where you want it on your page.
- Then search for "Powell Intranet Web-parts" from the list.
Select “Powell Intranet Webparts”
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget, you need to edit it and select the desired web-part (to do so, click the pencil icon on your empty widget).
- As you click the edit button for the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
- Fill in the required information
- In the widgets section, select "Flexdesk".
How to configure the Flexdesk web-part
After selecting the Flexdesk web-part, the following edit form will appear. You will see how to configure each section of it below.
Web-part behaviour configuration
Here, you can configure a few of your web-part behaviours :
- Display the map
- Display the list of desks
- Let the user change the map
- Display the map title
- Enable mail notifications, and if so, select which email template from the drop-down list
- Set maximum days for a reservation
- Set a submissions administrator group
Here, you can configure your maps and the organization you want in your web-part.
- First, you'll have to create a new map. Each time you'll want to add a new map, you'll have to click on "Create a map" and upload your map. In edit mode, you can create a new map downloading a file for the background.
We recommend uploading an image in web format (~200ko)
- Once your map background is uploaded, you can add a Title to your map and define the max number of reservations allowed for the entire map. Then, you can start creating your areas and your desks.
- Then you'll have to create a new area :
An area allows you to group your desks in different sections for example reserved to a team (Marketing, R&D, …) or according to the kind of desk offered (meeting room, personal desk, open space, …)
Click on the “Add area” button to insert a new area. Fill the area name and click on “Save” button.
- The area will take a random color and all your desks created under this area will take this color on the map. In the future, you will be able to add a user group to an area and make available desk only for people present in this group.
- Then you can create a new desk.
Under your area you can create desk by clicking on the “Add desk” button. That will create a new square in the map that you will be able to manipulate (resize, move) and place where you want in your map.
- The last step is to save the configuration.
Once you have created all your areas and desks, you can save your map settings and the configuration of the web-part to see the result!
Now your users can book available desks!