This web part is made to offer booking capabilities. Mainly used for desks, it can be adapted for many scenarios like booking a parking slot or loaning materials.
Flex desk web parts on the “Corporate Services - Book your desk” page
For this web part to work, you'll have to have four specific lists deployed on your SharePoint site, they are :
- "Flexdesk - Area", which will contain all the areas,
- "Flexdesk - Booking" which will contain all the bookings,
- "Flexdesk - Desk" which will contain all the desks,
- "Flexdesk - Map" which will contain all the maps,
Configure the web part on the site.
After selecting the Flexdesk web part, the following edit form will appear. You will see how to configure each section of it below.
Here, you can configure a few of your web-part behaviors :
- Let the user change the map : Users will be able to switch map if multiple maps are available.
- Display the map title : Map title will be displayed
- Enable mail notifications, and if so, select which email template from the drop-down list - : It is managed in Powell Manager - you can create your template emails in the corresponding entry and they will appear in the list of available templates of the web part
- Set maximum days for a reservation
- Set if bookings are limited for the next x days
- Set a s
- Allowing the user to book multiple slots simultanously
- Remove old bookings
Edit an existing map
You can edit your map :
- Select the edited map
- Edit map title
- Edit maximum map capacity ( the maximum number of booking done on the map )
- Add an area
"Map" configuration/ create a new map
Here, you can configure your maps and the organization you want in your web part.
- First, you'll have to create a new map. Each time you'll want to add a new map, you'll have to click on "Create a map" and upload your map. In edit mode, you can create a new map by downloading a file for the background.
We recommend uploading an image in web format (~200ko)
- Once your map background is uploaded, you can add a Title to your map and define the max number of reservations allowed for the entire map. Then, you can start creating your areas and your desks.
- You can change map background previously uploaded , delete the map or save it
- Then you'll have to create a new area :
An area allows you to group your desks in different sections for example reserved to a team (Marketing, R&D, …) or according to the kind of desk offered (meeting room, personal desk, open space, …)
Click on the “Add area” button to insert a new area. Fill in the area name and click on the “Save” button.
- The area will take a random color and all your desks created under this area will take this color on the map. You can define the name of that area, its maximum capacity, it's color and if a specific audience only can book slots and meeting rooms in this area
- Then you can create a new slot : it can be a slot ( classic desk ) or a meeting room
- Under your area, you can create a desk by clicking on the “Add a slot” or "add a meeting room" button. That will create a new square in the map that you will be able to manipulate (resize, move) and place where you want in your map.
- Once your slot or meeting room is created, you can edit it on the side panel :
- You can change the location name, add information and tags. Tags are important because users will be able to filter offices on the map based on these tags.
- Click on a slot/meeting room on the map to edit it
- The last step is to save the configuration.
Once you have created all your areas and desks, you can save your map settings and the configuration of the web part to see the result!
Now your users can book available desks!
Manage Office 365 meeting room with flexdesk
In Flexdesk you can give your users the opportunity to check the availability and book your Office 365 meeting rooms. A booking will create an event in the meeting room and user calendars.
How to configure Office 365 meeting rooms on Flexdesk
- Be a contributor (part of Members group for example) on the site where Flexdesk is deployed.
- Check if you consent the Powell Graph API to get the Office Rooms. You can do it directlly from the webpart on the "Graph permissions needed" section.
First, you need to edit your component. Very easy with the Edit button!
Then in your area, choose "Add a meeting room"
A new drop-down list with all the meeting rooms and a square on a map will appear.
You just need to select one and correctly place the square of the room in your plan.
The last thing to do is to save your map settings and it's done, your room is ready to be booked!
Manage your Office 365 meeting rooms appearing in Flexdesk
Prerequisite: Be a tenant administrator
As a tenant administrator, you can manage your meeting room from the Admin center > Resources.
When you add a new resource as the room you need to fill in all the following information.
Important to note: Once you created your meeting room, there may be a delay before it appears on Flexdesk (24h).