Table of contents
- Global settings
What you need to know before starting
- Do you have an Azure account with Administration rights ?
- Do you know the Azure Notification Hub ?
- If yes, are you able to create an Azure notification hub service? (extra costs can be applied by Microsoft depending on your usage)
- Do you already generate your package for Android and/or iOS following the dedicated documentation?
If you want to activate notifications on the app, you need to fill the information about your Azure notification hub name in the global settings of the app in P-Manager. This service will manage the sending of notification to users.
To do so, let yourself be guided by the following steps on how to create the hub and collect the information needed.
Step 1: Create the notification hub from Azure
Go on your Azure management portal: https://portal.azure.com/
From there, you can create a new resource :
On the page that is appearing, start to write notif to see the "Notification Hub service"
Click on the "Create" button to go on the creation wizard.
On the Basics tab, fill in all the mandatories information. Only the field "Notification Hub" will be used in a future step. Keep it in mind.
It's also from there you can define your pricing tier, by default the Free one is selected but you can if you want/need choose a bigger offer. An estimation is provided depending on your Azure usage.
Once you filled in all the info, you can click on Create and follow the next step of this documentation.
Step 2: Configure the Azure notification Hub for Android
In the “Google (GCM/FCM)” tab, paste your Firebase server key (already copied previously)
Step 3: Configure the Azure notification Hub for iOS
In the “Apple (APNS)” tab, you must select “Token” and fill in the following information :
- Key Id
- Bundle Id
- Team Id
- Token (available within the .p8 file)
*All this information has been stored previously and can be found in your Apple developer account.
At the end, for the Application Mode you need to select “Production”
Final Step : fill the information in Powell Manager
To enable notifications in Powell Manager you must go back to the “Notifications” tab and fill in two types of information :
- The azure notification hub name
- The azure notification hub full shared connection string