That you need to know before start
- Do you have an Azure account with Administration rights ?
- Do you know the Azure Notification Hub ?
- If yes, are you able to create an Azure notification hub service ? (extra costs can be applied by Microsoft depending on your usage)
- Do you already generate your package for Android and/or iOS following the dedicated documentations?
If you want to activate notifications on the app, you need to fill the information about your Azure notification hub name in the global settings of the app in P-Manager. This service will manage the sending of notification to users.
To do so, let yourself be guided by the following steps on how to create the hub and collect the information needed.
Step 1 : Create the notification hub from Azure
Step 2.1 : Configure the Azure notification Hub for Android
In the “Google (GCM/FCM)” tab, paste your Firebase server key (already copied previously)
Step 2.2 : Configure the Azure notification Hub for iOS
In the “Apple (APNS)” tab, you must select “Token” and fill the following information :
- Key Id
- Bundle Id
- Team Id
- Token (available within the .p8 file)
*All this information has been stored previously and can be found in your Apple developer account.
At the end, for the Application Mode you need to select “Production”
FINAL STEP : Fill the information in Powell Manager
To enable notifications in Powell Manager you must go back to “Notifications” tab and fill two types of information :
- The azure notification hub name
- The azure notification hub full shared connection string