In this article, we are going to explain to you how to create a page dedicated to Office workers and how to add it to the navigation menu of your app.
Create a new page
Step 1: Give a name to your page and select what kind of user you want to target
- Here, select "Office workers"
Step 2: Select a template
- You can start with a blank page or copy an existing page. To know what is included in existing pages you can click the information button to see all the info of the page.
Step 3: Your page is ready
- You can now access it to add a component to it by clicking the "Go to page configuration" button.
Final step: Add web parts to your page
In the page edition, you can add components to your page by clicking the "Add a web part" button.
A pop-in will be opened with the list of all available web parts.
The most important one is the "Frontline workers search" web part that will allow you to display content that has been pushed for frontline workers. So, store it in your dedicated Azure storage.
Customize your application navigation
Coming back to your application settings: In the Navigation panel, you can have an overview of the application menu for your Office workers (on the left) and Frontline workers (on the right).
From here by clicking the "Create a new tile" button, you can add a new navigation item.
You need to fill in:
- A title
- A description
- A tile help
- A profile: if you need to restrict access to specific people
- Choose a link: static url page or mobile application page created from Powell manager
- The opening option, if you want to open inside the app keeps the option unchecked. Otherwise, the link will be opened in the device browser
- An icon