What's happening with Conditional Access Policies and Powell Teams?
Several of our customers are not able to access to Powell Teams through the Microsoft Teams desktop application. A white page is displayed when trying to connect to the app.
This issue is due to a bug on Microsoft side. Their embedded browser into Teams app (Electron) does not support the Conditional Access policies for some apps. Unfortunately, Powell Teams is one of those applications because it is considered as a personal tab.
We identified the issue to be caused by the following configuration within Conditional Access "Require Device to be marked as compliant and/or Require Hybrid Azure AD joined"
Here the Microsoft documentation about it:
- Why are some tabs not working in Microsoft Teams after enabling Conditional Access policies?
- Tabs not working after enabling Conditional Access
- Teams website tabs leads to customer confusion
We opened a support ticket on Microsoft side to ask for a fix. This article will be updated if we get any news about a patch.
What could you do to avoid the issue?
- Let us know that you encountered the issue on your tenant and open a support ticket. Please give us your tenant ID and the Conditional Access rules that you set up.
- Open a Microsoft support ticket and contact your Technical Account Manager if you have one. It will help us to push a fix on their side.
- Set up a workaround solution. The two possibilities identified are the following ones:
- Use Powell Teams through your web browser. Your Conditional Access policy will be respected and you will no longer have any problems accessing our product.
- Deactivate your Conditional Access policy concerning Powell Teams:
Go to the configuration page of your conditional access policy, then :
- Click on “Cloud apps or actions”
- Select “Cloud apps”
- Click on “Exclude”
- Click on “Select excluded cloud apps”
- Search for “Powell 365”
- Check the “Powell 365 – Teams” app
- Click on “Select”
Then click on Save :