table of contents
The Flexdesk page under the section "facilities" offers booking capabilities.
With the current situation with Covid19, social distancing has become a requirement in public places and especially at the office.
Thanks to the Flexdesk page, organizations will have the possibility of regulating maximum occupancy within company facilities and, therefore, ensuring employee safety.
Employees can access the page to check for desk availabilities and book it accordingly.
How to book a desk?
When you want to book your desk, you'll start by filtering out the date.
Click on the calendar icon and choose the date and time.
Choose the date
Choose the time
As you choose the date and time, a list of available desks for the selected date will be displayed.
- Choose a desk from the desk list on the right or
- Choose a desk from a colored desk map on the left
After choosing an available desk, fill in the information in the desk-booking form: You need to select the date and time for your desk!
If you want to book a desk for a whole day, select the option "all day."
On the right, under "next reservations," you will be able to see the reservations for a chosen desk in the future so that you will be able to book the same desk for future dates as well.
Your reservation will appear on the right under reservations as you book a desk.
Contributors will be able to create and customize maps. To do that, you need to click the button "edit."
As you do that, an editing form will appear to start defining the properties. You can
- Use existing maps and describe the properties
- or create a new one and personalize it as you want
Use existing maps
Here, you can configure a few of your web-part behaviors:
- Display the map
- Display the list of desks
- Let the user change the map
- Display the map title
- Enable mail notifications, and if so, select which email template from the drop-down list: It is managed in Powell Manager - you can create your template emails in the corresponding entry, and they will appear in the list of available templates of the web part.
- Set maximum days for a reservation
- Set a submissions administrator group -
Submission admin group: People selected in this field will be able to reserve an office not only for themselves but also for other people. (what is displayed in the submission admin group list is the office 365 group).
Edit an existing map
You can edit your map and:
- add a slot: add another desk
- add a meeting room: add another room to the map. you can also choose proposed rooms from the list
- delete an area
- edit an area: you can change the name of an area, color, and enable audience targeting:
*enable audience targeting - restrict an area to a specific group of people (based on Sharepoint security groups)
Create a new map
Here, you can configure your maps and the organization you want in your web part.
- First, you'll have to create a new map. Each time you want to add a new map, you'll have to click on "Create a map" and upload your map. You can create a new map in edit mode by downloading a file for the background.
We recommend uploading an image in web format (~200ko)
- Once your map background is uploaded, you can add a Title to your map and define the max number of reservations allowed for the entire map. Then, you can start creating your areas and your desks.
- Then you'll have to create a new area :
An area allows you to group your desks in different sections, for example, reserved for a team (Marketing, R&D, …) or according to the kind of desk offered (meeting room, personal desk, open space, …)
Click on the "Add area" button to insert a new area. Fill in the area name and click on the "Save" button.
- The area will take a random color, and all your desks created under this area will take this color on the map. In the future, you will be able to add a user group to an area and make available desks only for people present in this group.
- Then you can create a new desk.
Under your area, you can create a desk by clicking on the "Add desk" button. That will create a new square in the map that you will be able to manipulate (resize, move) and place where you want in your map.
- The last step is to save the configuration.
Once you have created all your areas and desks, you can save your map settings and the configuration of the web part to see the result!
Now your users can book available desks!