Table of content
Powell Teams deployment
If this is the first time you use Powell Teams, you can find an article describing step-by-step the installation of Powell Teams on your tenant.
Necessary app configuration
1. First of all, to be able to use Together, you need to have an Advanced authentication configured in Powell Teams. This authentication is necessary for the Powell Teams app to have the right to perform actions. You can find the page named "Authentication" in the global administration section of Powell Teams' back office.
💡Powell Teams back office is accessible from the wrench icon of the end-user dashboard
2. The option to enable the creation of subsites on your SharePoint tenant is mandatory to be able to deploy a complete Together portal.
3. A third technical requirement is mandatory to use Together. You need to have an app catalog created on your tenant. If you don't have any app catalog set up on your tenant, read here the Microsoft documentation on how to set it up.
4. Then you just have to sync the SPFx package deployed if it's not up to date. To do so, click on "Sync SPFX package".
Deploy your Together portal
To deploy a Together Portal, you should open the administration center of Powell Teams and go into the dedicated section "Together".
You'll just have to click on the button "Generate a new Together portal"
and fill the form fields (portal title, url and default language). Once launched, the portal can take up to 20-25 minutes to be deployed. You can process any other action on Powell Teams during the portal creation.
The portal is an independent SharePoint site provisioned with several pages that will then be able to fill with your own content.
Once generated, the url of the portal will be displayed on the page and you will then be able to generate a custom application package.
Add your portal into the Teams left menu
To add a quick access to Together 🤞 on the left bar of the Microsoft Teams menu, you have to generate a custom application package. This form will ask you to indicate some information that will be regrouped in a ZIP file, allowing you to add it to your Microsoft Teams navigation.
Here some details about those fields:
- The name is displayed on the app button and on the top of your portal
- The full name is not visible for your end-users
- The description is not visible for your end-users, it will only be displayed on the Teams admin
- The full description will only be visible in the "About" tab of your portal app
Then in the Teams admin (Microsoft Teams administration center), click the "Manage apps" section to add the ZIP file on your tenant.
Once done, click on the "Setup policies" section and select "Global (Org-Wide default)". Then click the "Add apps" button to add your "Together" app to the pinned apps for all users in your tenant. Save the updated Policy.
This last step will make your "Together" app available to all users in the Teams environment, once the Teams Policy is applied by Microsoft on users' devices (it can take some time to work).
Create your associated Together team
If you want to create a team that includes all your Together pages in the team channel as tabs, we have prepared a dedicated template in our Powell Teams gallery.
Just create a new template (click templates from the menu and then create a new template). Then choose the template "Transversal | Together 🤞 | EN" as a reference for your template. Find here information about the Powell Teams templates gallery and click here to have more details about what's included in the "Together" template.
For now, we have 2 versions of the portal and of the templates (FR and EN), the german version is planned for the beginning of 2022.
Once the template is generated, you can leave the template configuration page and start to create the team. To do so, open the team creation wizard (all teams page).
You can directly add all your employees to the team. Add as team members your AAD group "All employees" to do so. You can also add them manually- one by one.
The team will automatically include your portal pages inside the team, as tabs in your channels.