Table of contents
in some Ready-to-Use Intranet templates, you can manage a news list to share the activity and announcements on your site.
the news page includes
- A search box to search specific content in the list of news
- The "create news" button for people with the role "site members" or "site owners"
- A set of refiners to filter the news list based on location/author/creation date
- The news list is available in the site. The list isordered by creation date DESC
the bottom of the page also includes additional widgets to display
- A Twitter feed (see twitter web part)
- A Facebook feed (see Facebook web part)
- the most viewed news on the site
To manage the news as a contributor, you need to be part of the SharePoint Site Owner group or Member group. As a contributor, you will get access to:
- the create news button on the news page
- the capacity to edit or delete a document with the "3 dots" menu in the detail of the news
A news article is composed of
- A Title
- A banner image to illustrate your content in miniatures and the news detail
- The description, to show your content in miniatures and used as an introduction in the news detail
- The news content, a free text zone to enter your news content
- The tag department
- The tag location
- For the banner image, we recommend using images adapted for the web (<300Ko) for exemplary performance in any situation.
- Try to be concise for the news title to ensure an excellent display in any situation (card display, search results,....)
- Tags are an easy way to find and categorize the content, do not neglect them.