in some Ready-to-Use Intranet templates, you can manage a news list to share the activity and announcements on your site.
The news page includes
- A search box to search specific content in the list of news
- The "create news" button for people with the role "site members" or "site owners"
- A set of refiners to filter the news list based on location/author/creation date
- The news list is available in the site. The list isordered by creation date DESC
Create a news
To manage the news as a contributor, you need to be part of the SharePoint Site Owner group or Member group.
It is very easy to create news. You need to click the button "See more". You will be redirected to the company/department news hub, where all published news articles will be listed.
To create a new news article, click "Create a news."
You will be redirected to a news creation form.
Fill in the required information:
-Banner image: upload an image for your news article.
-Title: give a title to your news article
-Description: write a description
-Content: write down the content for your news article
Then, click "Publish".
Your news article will be created, and it will be published on the "News" page.
The "recent news" web part will display the most recent news published on the portal.
The "news" slider web part on the home page will display the three most recently published news.
- For the banner image, we recommend using images adapted for the web (<300Ko) for exemplary performance in any situation.
- Try to be concise for the news title to ensure an excellent display in any situation (card display, search results,....)
- Tags are an easy way to find and categorize the content, do not neglect them.
Modify a news
Click the news article you want to modify or delete. It will open a separate page to access a full news article.
Each news article will have a three-dots icon displayed on it. As you click on it, you will be able to "edit" or "delete" the article.
When you click the "Edit" button, you will be able to make modifications to your news article as well as delete it.