Table of contents
New to Powell Intranet? Click here for the full product overview.
Web parts are segmental components that shape the basic building block of a page. Web parts can help customize intranet content for example. Below you can find how web parts are used & organized for building the homepage of a department site based on the ready-to-use intranet - department template
Web parts are used & configured at different levels:
- in Powell Manager for building pages in the SharePoint site templates
- in Powell Manager for building dedicated applications in the Powell apps
- in SharePoint to enrich existing pages available on the sites: see how to manage web parts in SharePoint(external link)
Web part categories
The Powell web parts are split into three major categories
🖍 Content management
The web parts are dedicated to organizing & display SharePoint content and also organizing the pages with static content. Discover the web parts
The web parts are dedicated to displaying content coming from 3rd party applications or Microsoft 365 functionalities like Delve, Exchange, PowerBI... Discover the web parts
🌊 Powell features
The web parts are associated with Powell features and will only work if you have all the prerequisites associated with the feature. Discover the web parts
How to add a Powell web-part
To configure a powell web part, you need to :
- Click the plus sign to add a new web part, where you want it on your page.
- Then search for "Powell Intranet Web-parts" from the list.
Select “Powell Intranet Webparts”
- After selecting the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you'll see an empty widget, you need to edit it and select the desired web-part (to do so, click the pencil icon on your empty widget).
- As you click the edit button for the Powell Intranet Web-parts, you will see a web-part form. (The image below).
- Fill in the required information
- In the widgets section, select the feature you want to add to the page