Welcome to the August release! We are very proud to present you with the new features, and we hope you will love them!
Let's begin with a short overview:
- ? Wizard for site creation - Create a site from your portal using a wizard
- ? Accessibility features - New options for the user to choose the contrast of the site or use a Dyslexia font
- Button - Create a site from a button using a wizard
- Flexdesk - Office Attendance
- Office presence of the user
- ❤ VCard - Define to use the standard Vcard
- ❤ Unlimited Kudo - Send a kudo as many times as wanted
- Filters on Kudo's wall - Be able to filter the kudos displayed on the wall
- Modern audience management - Display kudo to send depending on the defined audience
- ❤ New Orion One bar tool - Some changes relative to our customer feedback
❤ My profile webpart
- Custom user field management
- Profile completion in the compact view
Wizard for site creation - Create a site from your portal using a wizard
Create a site collection directly from your portal based on an available Powell template in 3 quick steps.
Step 1: Choose your template
Step 2: Define a title and a language for your site
Step 3: Choose to enable standard modern translation
The last step gives you a summary of your future creation, you only need to confirm and the creation of the site will be launched.
See the complete documentation relative to this feature: Create a site from the site wizard
Accessibility features - New options for the user
We added new options for the user from the Powell tools to change accessibility options on the site.
So now the user can select to change the contrast of the site or the font to adapt it for Dyslexia.
Example of a site with a Dyslexia font
Example of a site with high contrasts
Note that these options are enabled by default, but you can disable them from the site collection settings.
Also, note that customers with a custom header (cloned from a Powell one) need to add this new directive to the HTML code to handle the Accessibility menu
Button - Create a site from a button using a wizard
As for the site creation behind the Powell wheel, you can now select from a button to create a site collection based on a Powell template.
When a user clicks on the button, the creation wizard is displayed (directly selected on the template chosen in the configuration).
See the complete documentation relative to this feature: Create a site collection via a button.
Office attendance with Flexdesk
By clicking on a user in the intranet portal, the Powell user Vcard is displayed. From there, you can now see if the user has booked a desk, a room or other items from a Flexdesk component.
This feature is based on the search, which means all the bookings done by the user will be listed here no matter where he did it.
Display the Office presence of the user.
From the Powell vCard, you can now see the user's presence. This Presence is based on his Office presence.
Note that you need to have approved the Presence to have this feature.Read.All Graph authorization.
VCard - Define to use the standard VCard.
You can now define for your whole tenant to use the Powell vCard or the Standard one.
So that you know, you need to perform a sync spfx from Powell Manager to have this change.
You can now define a kudo as unlimited. That means your users can send a kudo as often as they want within a day, with no limit!
Note that if you have already deployed the Kudos list on a site, you must manually add the value "Unlimited" in the Frequency column.
Filters on Kudo's wall
On the "Kudos won" webpart, you can now enable filters to let your users have a view of only particular kudos.
Four filters are available:
- Kudo's type: based on the kudos name
- Sent to: based on the user who received the Kudo
- Sent by: based on the user who sent the Kudo
- Date: based on the sending date.
New "Orion one bar tool" header changes
- On the desktop, we reduced the size of the see more button of the mega menu
- On the desktop, when contributors hover over the "+" button, they can access the creation or edit content (contribution board). The user can still click the + button to access the content creation directly.
- On the mobile app, we switched the search icon with the menu icon
My profile webpart
Custom user field management
Until now, custom user fields were displayed with technical information and were not correctly editable.
Today we correctly manage this field, so your users can now edit and see a custom user field in the "My profile" webpart.
Profile completion in the compact view
We added information about the profile completion in the compact view of the "My profile" webpart.