The Carpooling template offers you a tool to let your user propose to share a ride and reduce the carbon footprint.
From this page, your users can :
- See the list of next or past proposed rides
- Use the filters or the search box to find the best ride
- If they are rigths they can see the button "New ride" that allow them to create a new ride.
- Click on a ride to see the information and register
Create a ride
A ride is composed of :
- Title (text)
- Leaving from place (text used to display the itinerary on Google maps)
- Leaving from address (plain text)
- Going to place (text used to display the itinerary on Google maps)
- Going to address (plain text)
- Date of ride (date and hour)
- Number of searts (only number)
- Estimated time in hour (only number)
The detail page display all the information relative to the proposed ride and allow to follow and manage it.
As a user I can
- See the information about the ride
- Who is the driver
- The leaving place
- The place to go
- The estimated time
- The number of remaining place
- The ride on Google Maps
- Register to the ride if there is available place(s)
- Ask question on the Discussion part
- Discovers more other rides
As a rider I can
- See the information about my ride and manage it (with the edit menu on the top right corner)
- Edit the ride information
- Delete the ride
This template is composed of 3 pages :
- Home page is displaying a list of future proposed rides. Some filters help to find the needed rides.
- A "past ride" page is displaying all the rides already done. The user can access this page by clicking on the tab "Past rides" under the search box
- A detail page to display all the information relative to a ride. The user can access this page by clicking on one ride.
Then to store all the created ride, a list is needed :
- Carpooling list, based on a Generic list template and included the Carpooling content type based on Items
To completely work, this template need some specific configurations.
Let people like a ride
To let your users like a ride, you need to enable the like on the list Carpooling
Let people create a ride
To let your users create a ride, you need to set the permission at the list level.
The permission can be different as the site level and you can choose to let your visitor propose a ride by breaking the right inheritance.
Let people search a ride
You need these following search mapping for the refiner on the Home page:
RefinableDate06 => "OWS_RIDEDATE"
RefinableString154 => "OWS_POWLEAVINGFROMPLACE"
RefinableString155 => "OWS_POWGOINGTOPLACE"