The gamification center lets you centralize and manage actions to let your employees receive badges for their efforts and provide a leader for each topic. This is the main place to manage all your gamification scenarios and actions across your site's collections. .
1.What is Powell's gamification architecture ?
Gamification is a Powell feature based on a collection of sites we'll call the Gamification Center, which will enable you to manage all your gamification resources. Once your gamification center is deployed, you'll be able to manage and deploy gamification-related functionalities across all your site collections.
Here's how it works :
- A gamification center, a site collection based on a site template : "Gamification", grouping all your users actions, kudos ... It is where you can store and manage every gamification elements.
- All your site collections, which once linked to your gamification center, can trigger gamification elements.
Before implementing your gamification, it is important to conceive the global architecture :
Which site collections will be part of the gamification architecture?
What gamification actions do you want your users to take?
What gamification badges do you want to congratulate contributors with?
What kind of kudos will your users send to each other?
- And so more ...
Having a good gamification plan is a fantastic way to engage your users, so think about it !
2.How to deploy a gamification center
First, we need to deploy your Gamification center :
- Create a site collection in Powell Manager or via the front wizard ( Click here to learn more about site collection deployment )
Select Powell's Gamification site template
- Deploy your site collection
3.How to set authorizations on your gamification site
After deploying your gamification center, you need to give access to users who will participate in the program.
Two things are important to do :
- Give read access to every user that will use gamification site actions and features
- Give contributor access to the lists "User action" and "User leaderboard"
4.How to link your gamification center to your site collections
Once your gamification center is created, open settings of your different site collections / Environment configuration :
- In the Gamification section, for each site collection on which you want to activate gamification, open the Gamification url and select the gamification site with which you want your site collections to be linked
Once you've done this, your site collection is linked to your gamification center! You can now deploy all gamification components in your linked site collections, and all their actions will be collected for your gamification scenarios.
5. Gamification site template presentation
As we said earlier, the gamification center is where all gamification data will be stored. It's where gamification scenarios such as kudos, badges, and actions are managed...
But gamification elements are not limited to your gamification center, you can use gamification webparts and actions through your site collections.
The home page of this template displays the gamification profile of the connected user.
From there, the user can see his number of points, his position on the leaderboard, the Kudos he has received, and his progression on badges.
To find out more about Kudos, click here.
To define all actions counted and badges that you users can win, contributors have access to the administration page.
On this page, contributors can add new actions and badges thanks to the dedicated buttons and check the global leaderboard.
Add action from Powell catalog.
As at least a contributor of the gamification center, you can add an action that will be stored and with which users can earn points by clicking on the "Add a new action" button.
We provide you, by default, a catalog of actions that you can choose to enable or not on all your sites linked to the gamification center.
Each action is linked to a component or a feature. See below the complete list and what the user must do to win the associated points:
Sharing actions (Sharing views)
- Share on Facebook (FBS)
- Share on LinkedIn (LIS)
- Share on Twitter (TWS)
- Share on Yammer (YMS)
- Share by email (EMS)
- Share on Teams (TMS)
Comments (Powell discussion only)
- Open a new conversation (WFT)
- Post a reply (WFR)
Flexdesk (Flexdesk calendar / booking)
- Book a desk (FBD)
- Validate his presence (FDV)
Profile (My profile - Orion user profile view)
- Complete his profile (PRC)
Ideation (Button for creating site / Ideation views)
- Submit a project (PJC)
- Like a project (JPL)
- Your project has been like for someone else (PLD)
- Project shortlisted (PSL)
- Project selected (JPS)
- Read a content (RDI)
Add a custom action
But you can, if you want, create custom actions that you can associate with behind a button.
Click on the "Add a new action" button, and select the "Create action" tile on the pop-in.
A blank form will appear where you must fill:
- The title of your action
- The image
- The code (3 letters is the best)
- The number of points earned by users who realize the action
- If the action is boosted or not
All custom actions created can be associated with a button web part when you configure it to create content. Let's see how to do it in the web part button article: Button web part - Configurations.
6. Gamification-related features
Here is a list of global functionalities powered by gamification :
- Kudos, that allow users to congrats each others
Must Read, create and manage content that needs to be seen by everyone
7. Gamification-related webparts
Here is a list of all gamification related webparts and their related documentations :
- Gamification Leaderboard, to generate a ranking of the most invested users
- Gamification next badges, to display for user actions close to success and their rewards
- More incoming ...