What you need before starting
- A Google Firebase account
- Android Studio installed (Download link : https://developer.android.com/studio)
Step 1: Create a Firebase project
Step 1 : Sign in
Step 2 : Create a new project by following these steps
Step 3 : Create a new Android app by clicking on the Android icon in the dashboard
Step 4 : Register the app and download the “google-services.json” file
NB : Keep the google-services.json file it will be needed in the Powell Manager configuration if you want to enable the notification
Step 5 (optional - For notification only) : Get the Server key of your application
- Go to “Project Settings” under “Cloud Messaging”, To retrieve the server key, you must activate the service "Cloud Messaging API (legacy), by default it is disabled (see the 3 small points).
Once activated, it will be possible to recover the server key and copy your Server Key.
- If you possess a .jks file, it is necessary to convert it into a .keystore file. Below is the command to execute within a terminal. Prior to that, make sure you have keytool or Android Studio installed.
keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore <alias>.jks -destkeystore <alias>.keystore -srcstorepass <password> -deststorepass <password>
- /!\ If this is not done, rename the file to the name of the alias: "alias.keystore".
- /!\ Avoid including special characters in your password.
Final step: Fill the information in Powell Manager
Open your application and go to the "Android Setting" tab.
Enable the Android configuration
- Select your Android splash screen color
- Then you should dowload the certificate and fill the related password
The following "Notifications" block is optional and used only if you enabled Notifications. You must define :
- On-field “Google service key” enter your firebase server key copied previously in step 1
- Upload your “google-services.json” file
The final step is about the asset of the app (splash screen and logo files). You have 2 options :
- Upload only one file (all other sizes will be generated)
- Upload all the sizes needed (see the board with all needed sizes)
|Needed sizes for Splashscreen||Needed sizes for icon|